Apple season is among us… and I’m so excited! It’s the best part of fall. That and pumpkin pie spice… I add it to everything.
Have you ever tried freshly warmed apples covered in pumpkin pie spice? It is so good. Plus, it makes your house smell like cinnamon sticks. Win-Win.
This breakfast is so simple, but it’s amazing! It tastes like dessert, and just calls for a few simple ingredients. Feel free to leave out the oats, or add in any other ingredients you’d like (fresh fruit, granola, raisins… whatever is calling your name)
Warm Apple Pie Parfait
- 2 Apples (my favorites are Pink Lady and Honeycrisp)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1-2 Tablespoons Rolled Oats, optional
- Coconut Yogurt
- Step 1 Dice Apples into cubes, discarding the pit
- Step 2 Toss diced apples with pumpkin pie spice and rolled oats, until well coated
- Step 3 Bake OR sautée diced apples – if cooking on pan, add a little coconut oil to prevent sticking. If cooking in the oven, option to add coconut oil, but you can make oil-free by lining a pan with parchment paper
- Step 4 If you have remaining cinnamon/oat mixture, pour over the top of the apples OR set aside for topping
- Step 5 Bake for 8-15 minutes in oven, or 5-10 minutes on the stove top, depending on how cooked you’d like it
- Step 6 Remove baked apples and add to a bowl
- Step 7 Cover with coconut yogurt of choice
- Step 8 Add toppings of choice (extra cinnamon, apples, granola, raisins, or anything you’d like)